Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Poppy Priddle


Here is a picture of my Poppy, John. He passed away 2.5 years ago. It is still hard to believe sometimes I just think hes back in Stephenville reading the newspaper and listening to the radio.
My poppy was a lot of things including a very talented painter. He taught himself how to paint with oil paints and continue to do so up into his 80's. Even when parkinsons disease set in and his hands began to shake he continue to paint for as long as he could.
Today is his birthday, the day before mine and in honor of his birthday I have decided to make a book out of all of his paintings. I will start now and hopefully have it completed by his birthday next year.
The paintings have been divided up between the different family members and I'm honestly not sure how many there are but I am really excited about this project!


No comments:

Post a Comment