Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Goodbye my friend

Last week i got the terrible news that my factor 5 friend in British Columbia passed away. I met her at a rare blood and bleeding disorder conference years ago in Vancouver. Her and her sister were there and I was so happy to meet them because it was the first time I had ever met another factor 5 face to face. I liked her as soon as I laid eyes on her because I knew she was one of the very few people in the whole world who knew exactly how I felt and what I had been through. We talked a lot at over the course of the weekend and I feel like I must of asked her a million questions.
Over the years we have kept in touch but I never did get to see her again. I don't know all the details of her death but I do know she suffered.
Her sister was right by her side the whole time she was hospitalized and I take comfort in knowing she was well taken care of in the end.





No comments:

Post a Comment