Saturday, May 31, 2014

Mrs. McIsaac

So, I was recently at the pharmacy to pick up my prescription. I am so happy to say that I am on very few medications and I hope to keep it that way. Anyways, the pharmacy is the only place where I am still Ms. Radford, everything else I have changed to Mrs. McIsaac.
At first it was hard to get use to going by a different name but I really wanted to change it when I got married. To me it meant that we became a family.
When I talked about changing my name around other friends they would sometimes say, "I am not changing my name is reminds me of my mother in law." But being reminded of my mother in law is not a bad thing. Mrs. McIsaac, or Della or Momma Dee as I sometimes call her is one of the most caring, confident and funny people I have ever met in my life.
Ever since the day I met her she treated me like family and now that I am married to her son, I am very proud to be "Mrs. McIsaac."
Over the years the lines between in laws and relatives have blurred. I feel like Zane's family is my family and I hope they feel the same way about me.
In fact the night before our wedding I asked Della what time she was coming over for pictures. I almost forgot that she would be spending the day with Zane, her son.
I consider myself to be a passive person and over the years Della has encouraged me to be more assertive, she has tried to make me a more confident person. She has also raised the best husband I could ever ask for and for that I will be forever grateful.


2 comments:

  1. What an absolutely beautiful post!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thank you so so much! I really appreciate it Crystal!

    ReplyDelete