Saturday, February 15, 2014

Nobody knows you when you're down and out

So, this statement in my case is completely untrue I have lots and lots of wonderful friends and family in my life. But, sometimes when you are sick it feels like this. It feels like you are the only person in the world suffering and everyone else is just going on with their lives. That is very true to some extent when you are sick the world goes on without you and as much as you want everything to stop it doesn't and people still expect things of you like, when are you going back to work, what did you do all day. I smile and say next week but i really want to say are you kidding me? I don't even want to get up in the morning let alone go back to work. Maybe each person only has so much strength and courage at one time and I have to say at this moment my strength and courage is gone. It got all used up when I had to keep together when I stayed up for 48 hours straight in pain and when I had explain a million times to the emt, the nurses and the emergency doctor that I just need my plasma. Being in pain and having people not agree with you or refuse to help you is the worse thing I can imagine. The other worse thing is having to see the stress in your familys face when they come to visit you in the hospital or as they watch you being loaded up into an ambulance. 
The biggest secret about being sick is that you have to be positive and I hate it when people say that to me I want to smack them but its very true. Noone wants to hang around with someone who is constantly complaining no matter how justified that complaining may be. To you, the sickness is the most important thing in your life but to someone else its just another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment