Friday, October 18, 2013

Inspiring

So, I recently learned about a very courageous woman Heather Von St. James. If you have a minute please check out her website it is fantastic. You can visit it here http://www.mesothelioma.com/heather/.

I learned about Heather through her husband Cameron. That's the funny thing about living with a chronic illness. You aren't the only one affected by it. Once you have a chronic illness in your life everyone you love is concerned and it is now their fight as well. That is the heartbreaking part about it. You can't isolate and experience it all to yourself. If I could do that I certainly would. If I could take away the pain and worry it has caused my friends and family over the years I would but we know there is no way to do this. With that being said I don't think I could survive this illness if it wasn't for the love and support of my family and friends.

That is part of the reason why I started this blog in the first place. I think it is so important for people to share their stories and it is such a source of hope and encouragement to read about people who have overcome huge obstacles and live to tell about it. It isn't always easy being open and honest about your disease. It's hard always feeling like the odd man out or that their is always something different about you but if it gives hope to just one person then I think its worth it.

I hope you take a minute to read about a very brave person named Heather!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment