Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Home again home again

So, I am back to Calgary safe and sound after a month in my glorious hometown of Stephenville, Newfoundland. I spent the beginning of my trip at the funeral home, the church and the graveyard to say goodbye to my wonderful Grandfather John. It was a hard time for all of my family but I have to say it was nice having us all together again. My two sisters flew out and my nephew. We spent lots of time together chatting and laughing and it was so nice having everyone around. The rest of my trip was spent at my best friends wedding. It was so nice to see my friend so happy. She looked absolutely beautiful and everything went smoothly. Stephanie and I have been friends since grade 9, we went to High School, College and University together. She has been there for me threw thick and thin and I was so honored to be a part of her wedding. However, I realized that being a bridesmaid can be challenging for a Hemophiliac. The night of the rehearsal I got a urinary tract infection and I danced so much at the wedding that I could barely walk the next day. The morning of the wedding the bride gave each of us a necklace and earrings to wear, everyones earrings were lever backs and mine just hooks, I didn't know why mine were different until I looked in the box to see that she had included clip on earring extensions for me so I could wear them.
You see that's the thing about family and best friends, they don't care about what you can't do, they love you for who you are. Now I am back in Calgary safe and sound and I think I have enough happy memories to last me until I return next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment