Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ryan White

So, today is Ryan White's Birthday and besides the Alexei the Tsarevich he is one of the most famous Hemophiliacs ever. He had a song written about him by Elton John, he drove a sports car given to him by Michael Jackson and has been on countless TV shows and talk shows but Ryan White's life was hard and I don't mean, I have acne and I didn't make the basketball team hard I mean having not one but two terrible life threatening diseases hard. Ever since I heard about Ryan White I felt like we had a lot in Common, his name is Ryan, my name is Ryanne, we both have Hemophilia and we both have moms named Jean! Ryan was born with severe Factor 8 Hemophilia and was later diagnosed with HIV from tainted blood. He died just months before his high school graduation. His story is so sad and heartbreaking but instead of taking it lying down Ryan spoke out about Hemophilia and HIV and made things so much better others. The fact that I was unaffected by Hepatitis or HIV during the tainted blood tragedy is a miracle. and I sometimes feel like I was spared and so I have to do something fantastic or extra special with my life and as of right now I'm not 100% sure what that is but I am a very active volunteer in the Hemophilia Community and although I don't know if I will ever make an impact as huge as Ryan has, I am certainly gonna try. I just pray I don't ever have to go through what he had to because I complain enough now with my life the way it is and I have a great fiance, family and friends who are nothing but supportive and kind to me and I don't know how he did it. But I am so grateful that he did. 

1 comment: