Saturday, October 22, 2011

Zoo Presentation

Hello Everyone.


I would like to say Thank you to you all for coming. I hope you have a lot of fun and learn some new things.

I would also like to say thank you to the Chaperones tonight I really appreciate you taking the time and helping me out with this event.

I would also like to say thank you to the Pharmaceutical Companies who donated very generously to this event. We will be signing Thank you Cards later on tonight for them.

Also, a special thank you to Sherri and Hulda for being here this evening, You did a great job on the presentation.

So, my name is Ryanne Radford, I am a severe factor 5 Hemophiliac. It is a Very Very Rare disease there are only 150 cases reported world wide.

I have no family history of it. I grew up in a very small town and there was not Hemophilia Society in my town and I sometimes felt sad that I didn’t know of any other people who were like me!

When I was about 12 years old I started to have a few problems with my period, so my aunt searched online for me and found a lady in North Carolina who also had Factor 5 hemophilia so I would often call her and ask her all kinds of questions about anything and everything.

Does Anyone have Someone in your life that you go to with Problems?? Raise your hand!

That’s what I would like to encourage you girls to do, if you are curious about something or would like more information ASK FOR HELP!

Who can you Contact if you have Questions about your Hemophilia?
Contact your Clinic, Contact the Hemophilia Society or Contact me. Anyone of us would be happy to help!

Having Hemophilia had been hard for me, I have had lots of blood transfusions and have stayed in the hospital over night but I have lived a pretty normal life.

I graduated from High School with all of my friends, I went to University for Four Years and Graduated with a Journalism Diploma and a Communications Degree. I currently work full time doing marketing at a Diamond Exchange Company. I am also Engaged to Zane, he is an electrician and we live in the SW with our Tiny Dog Lily. We have lots of wonderful friends and family and we both really enjoy working with the Hemophilia Society. I became involved about 5 years ago. Right now I am the Co President of the Calgary Chapter of the Canadian Hemophilia Society, so I get to plan fun nights like this, and we have Christmas Party December 5th and lots of fun Stuff like that.

Also, I am The Co Chair of the National Youth Committee. I get to Travel once a year to Montreal and we stay in a beautiful hotel and I get to meet all the youth from across Canada, We plan activities and conferences that Happen once a year.

I really think it’s important to Volunteer because it helps other people living with Hemophilia around you but it also helps you too. For example, Volunteer Work looks really good on a resume, it helps improve your reading and writing skills and you get to meet new friends.

Have any of you Volunteered in the Past?? Raise your Hand.

If you would like to Volunteer with the Hemophilia Society please take one of the pampletes on the table.

Does anyone have any questions that they would like to ask me?

If you have a question that you would like to ask privately please feel free to do so anytime.

Thank you so much for coming!







Ryanne



No comments:

Post a Comment