Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fall Out Follow Up

So, after all of the problems I had at the hospital in August I decided to contact the hospital and tell them about what happened. The nurse said she would follow up with the charge nurse on duty that night and the nurse on call in the Emergency room. I followed up with her about 4 weeks later and she informed me that she spoke with everyone involved and they have been informed that there was a complaint made. I don't really know how much this helps the situation and in some ways I don't feel any steps were taken so that this doesn't happen again. The person I contacted was very nice and apologetic and I truly believe the nurses involve probably do feel bad but my goal wasn't to make anyone feel bad. However, some good things did come out of it in that because of this whole ordeal we have decided to make the focus of the next National Youth Committee retreat to be about ADVOCACY. Advocacy has always been a huge part of having a bleeding disorder. You have to advocate for yourself at home, at school, in the workplace and most of all at the hospital. It's unfortunate but it's part of living with Hemophilia. I guess at the end of the day I should just be happy that some good came out of all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment