Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Kidney Trouble

So, I've been having some kidney problems over the past week or so. After taking Antibiotics for almost a week I found myself in a lot of pain on Thursday evening so I went to the emergency room which I think really speaks to the amount of pain I was in because I only go to the emergency room when I am over come with pain. Zane and I sat in the waiting room for about two hours then sat in the triage room, then back to the waiting room then I got a bed and waited there. After about 4 hours Zane went home and went to bed and I decided it was a good a time as any to have an emotional break down. I cosed my curtain and cried tobreak my heart. I cried because I was in pain and frustrated with the medical system, I cried because of what I have to put Zane through and I cried because I miss Charlie. 
Right in the middle of my break down my nurse came and pumped me full of Fentayl and a porter whisked me away to get a CT scan. 
There's nothing worse then being upset and then having to face people. They looked a me as I wheeled by in the stretcher probably thinking, what the hell is wrong with her? or that is the most black makeup streaked across someones face I have ever saw.
Anyways after a few hours of waiting the doctor poked his head in and told me that the CT scan showed not only that I had a kidney infection but also kidney stones.
I don't know what to say, I wasn't shocked I guess. The infection will pass, but I'm now thinking about whats to be done with the stones?
I hear they can laser them to make them smaller making them easier to pass, however I've talked to some other Hemophiliacs who told me about how that caused them a lot of bleeding. So I guess in the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal but I just feel like it's one more thing for me to worry about like am i going to have a bleed? am I going to have a gallstone attack? will the kidney stones cause me any problems? It'sjust really frustrating. But I guess all we can do is hope for the best and pray for good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment