Thursday, August 4, 2011

Kidney Infection

So, I thought I would take a minute and write about my Kidney Infection. Saturday night I started to feel like I was having symptoms of a Urinary Tract Infection so I tested my urine and it tested positive for Blood and Leukocytes. I began taking antibiotics and started to feel a bit better. Monday night I started to feel a little sick and began throwing up on Tuesday. After visit the doctor on Wednesday she told me that I in fact had a Kidney Infection which can be very serious if left untreated. She prescribed stronger antibiotics and told me to drink lots of fluids. The thing about a kidney infection is that it can become serious so if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms be sure to see a doctor right away, frequent urination, pain when urinating, pain in groin, pain in lower back, cold chills, sweats, stomach pain. I will be on antibiotics for the next 10 days so hopefully by then I will be feeling 100%. Until then I will complain and drink my lemon water and cranberry juice!

No comments:

Post a Comment