Monday, July 4, 2011

The Happy Former Hintonite!

So, I spent the long weekend in Hinton, Alberta. Hinton is just a few hours away from Calgary so we decided to head out there to visit with Zane's family. Zane and I lived in Hinton for three years before moving to Calgary and I must say going back there is a lot like going back home. The people are kind and friendly and the scenery is just beautiful. We arrived on Friday July 1st, just in time for Hinton's Fohn Festival, a multicultural Canada Celebration with food, fun and entertainment. I got to see some old friends and made a few new ones. It was so nice catching up with everyone and so good to see how the Fohn Festival has grown over the years as I was in Hinton for the very one. I was also very proud to see the new Hinton Voice, started up by some of my friends and former co workers.
We took the park way back to Calgary through Jasper National Park and Banff National Park and saw some of the most beautiful mountains in the world as well as bears and goats.
While were were in Hinton we got to spend some quality time with Zane's Dad, Step mom and two little sisters, they are so kind and welcoming to me that sometimes I honestly forget that they are Zane's family and not mine.
We are now safe and sound in Calgary and although it is nice to be back in the big city its nice to know we can also head back to Hinton anytime where we have so many good friends and wonderful memories.

2 comments:

  1. Good friends are invaluable and wonderful memories are priceless!
    A nice post! Thanks for sharing, Ryanne! I truly enjoyed the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! i too am a hemohpiliac survivor ..life can be hard but nothing is impossible if you believ in GOD!

    ReplyDelete