Friday, April 8, 2011

Happy 60th Birthday Dad

So, today is my Dad’s 60th birthday! My Dad and I have always had a close relationship even if we weren’t always close in proximity to each other.


We also look a lot a like! My mom always tells me the story about how she and I were in West Edmonton mall together when I was only a few years old and someone said to her, that must be Howie Radford’s daughter.

One of the best times dad and I had together was when I was about 12 years old. I was really sick and had to spend a year in the Janeway Children’s Hospital. My Dad flew down from Alberta and spent a few months with me in the hospital while I recovered. Even though I was in the hospital we had an awesome time together. We coloured and made arts and crafts watched tv and movies. We also spent many hours starting at Where’s Waldo books to see who could find him first. That visit really helped lift my spirits and my Dad really encouraged me to stay strong and get better. Eventually I was released from the hospital and my dad went back to Alberta. I was happy to get out of the hospital but I was also very heart broken to not have my Dad around anymore.

My Dad also makes me laugh more than any other person I have ever met in my life. Zane always says that he never hears me laugh as much as when I am around my Dad.

Since we now live in Calgary I get to see my Dad all the time. I call him every night and I get down for visits whenever I can. He is always there to support me when I am sick and helps me with life decisions. I can’t remember the last birthday I got to spend with my dad and I feel very blessed to be with him today!

4 comments:

  1. A very happy birthday Uncle :) .... Ryanne is a sweet heart and we are really proud of her. I wish for a very happy and prosperous life for you Ryanne. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you have your dad to support you through the thick and thin. My thoughts will be with him on his birthday!

    -Dr. Everett Winslow Lovrien

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much to you both! i really appreciate it! xoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rapidly this kind of internet site can easily unquestionably recognition among virtually all blogging and site-building and also site-building individuals, to be able to the meticulous content or simply opinions. Covid-19

    ReplyDelete