Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Saint Valentine's Day

So, today is Valentine's Day! I love valentine's day! I know a lot of people hate Valentine's day because they are single or whatever but I think that is foolish. I think society makes people feel like they have to have a boyfriend to feel special and it's all about how many roses or chocolates you get but I always thought of Valentine's day as a day to tell people you love them, whether it be your friend, boyfriend or parent. I have been very blessed over the past six years to be with Zane because he always gets me a beautiful card, chocolates, flowers and a gift! This year he got me Tuneband for iPhone 4, Grantwood Technology's Armband, Silicone Skin, and Front and Back Screen Protector, Black and chocolates and lilies and a delicious supper! I am very spoiled I must admit but it wasn't always like that for me. I spent one Valentine's Day in the Health Science centre in St. John's where I spent two months for a major hip bleed. I've also spent Valentine's day in the hospital in Stephenville, so it hasn't always been a bed of roses.
Anyways, I think on Valentine's Day you have a choice, you can see it as a day to tell people you love them or you can see it as a sad pitiful day.
I love it and not matter how bad it has been at times I love little cinnamon hearts and writing out Valentine's cards!

8 comments:

  1. nice... a lot of good memories... :)
    but the bad ones can be forgotten amongst the others...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Ihope you had a good day!! thanks for reading! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice but what does this have to do with hemophilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is about living with a chronic illness and overcoming obstacles while keeping a positive attitude. I am not a doctor so this blog is not about medical facts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryanne, Your blogs great. Hemophilia is not a medical condition ... its a way of life. and you are living it. and sharing it. Hence everything you write here related to hemophilia....

    Happiest Valentines Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Dhawal! you are wonderful! I always love reading your comments! Thank you thank you!
    I hope you are having a great day! xoox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ryanne you Rock! My Hubbie and I don't really do anything for Valentines and I am okay with that because he shows me everyday how lucky I am...I'll take that over "one day" anytime. :) I also admire you so much how you are always so positve about life and living it...even when you are not feeling well. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Melody!!
    I really appreciate you reading and writing!!
    You are the best!!

    ReplyDelete