Sunday, January 16, 2011

Do you invite Hemophilia to your wedding?

So, we have been engaged for about 5 years now and it's finally time to start planning the wedding!
I have been planning my wedding since I was about 12 years old. I know exactly what I want. A big wedding in Stephenville, Newfoundland with tons of food, wine, flowers and friends. The only problem with that is weddings are very stressful to plan and Zane and I are concerned with my health. Travelling to Newfoundland is hard on my body and with the stress of a wedding we are afraid I may get sick. The other problem is the budget. Weddings are so expensive  so for the past few months I've been trying to down size my dreams for my wedding. I can cut down on some of the people and I can cut down on the flowers but I have no idea as to how I can keep myself healthy! I've been eating well and taking lots of vitamins but I can't guarantee that I will be healthy on my wedding day. Zane suggested we change to wedding to Calgary that way if I run into any health problems I have my whole medical team here. However, my heart is in Newfoundland! I was born and raised there and think it is fitting to be married there. But as I have learned the hard way as many Hemophiliacs have, you can't always get what you want. So when it comes to my big day I think I will have to ensure my close friends and family are there and enjoy the day no matter where or when it is!

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes when you want something so badly then u start thinking of how it could get ruined. Especially if you have already have experienced missing out on things. :)

    I do not know how stressful is a wedding :) But I believe that thoughts make things :) .. In your mind every day think it will happen the way you want it and then smile ... No one can take it away from you ....

    Do not spend the days in fear. Be happppy ... You are gonna get marrrrrrrrried Ryanne .. smile ... no stress :)

    SMILE :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I hope you will be able to make it to the wedding!!

    ReplyDelete