Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hemophilia Conference

So, this Friday I am off to Toronto for the National Youth Committee conference for the Canadian Hemophilia Society. I am really looking forward it as I get to see a lot of my wonderful Hemophilia friends. I also have to speak at this session which I really enjoy so there is lots of things I excited about. However, I am also a bit nervous about it. Every time I travel I am always afraid of getting sick, either an infection of some sort, a cold, a flu or a bleed. I know that is very paranoid of me but on the other hand, it's not entirely unlikely that I would get sick. I haven't had a bleed since July so I'm kind of on the count down now until my next bleed. Not that I want to have a bleed but it is one of the only things I count on!
In anticipation of getting sick I am bringing my travel letter which outlines what to do in case I do have a bleed. I'm also bringing pain medication and about four different types of antibiotics!
Maybe I am being a bit of a worry wart but when it comes to Hemophilia I think it's better safe than sorry!

4 comments:

  1. Perhaps some positive thoughts will help keep those germs and bleeds away. Be prepared but dont anticipate unwanted things happening. Instead think about how awesome the trip will be when you make it through healthy and fit. C u there.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww Thank you Matt!! I'm really looking forward to the trip I must say!! It will be lots of fun!! Thank you for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you had a great trip Ryanne.

    I am Dhawal from India. I have Hemophilia A < 1%. Was goofing around the web last week and found your blog. I really enjyoed what I read. You really do have a nack to write your heart out. I had sent you an email[ryanneradford@gmail.com] too .. My email id is dhaval.bhanu@gmail.com .. Hope to hear from you soon....

    Nice to meet you...

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dhawal!
    Thank you so much for your comment! I am glad you enjoyed my blog and I hope you keep reading!!

    ReplyDelete