Monday, October 18, 2010

Courage


So, I spent the weekend in Toronto for the National Youth Committee retreat. It was wonderful! I could spend a lot of time talking about all the great speakers and all the things I learned but, I have to talk about the most interesting comment I heard. It was during one of social nights. The comment came from a person who had never attended a Canadian Hemophilia Society event before and was so enthusiastic throughout the whole weekend. At the party he said to me, "you know what Ryanne, I think people with Hemophilia not only have normal lives, but I think they have event better lives then everyone else." He explained that because we are often so sick that when we are healthy we really make the most of it!
I was also impressed with every ones careers. There were flight attendants, teachers, engineers and journalist. Everyone seemed to be going after what they wanted out of life and didn't let their condition limit them.
Since speaking with everyone I have decided to look for full time work! I have a communications degree and a journalism diploma and I think it's about time I start using it again. I may get sick again and have to quit but if I try to work full time at least at the end of the day I know I tried my best!

No comments:

Post a Comment