Thursday, March 18, 2010

A pretty good year

Well I am sad to say that tomorrow marks the end of a pretty good run for me! Tomorrow I am going to the foothills hospital to receive four units of Fresh Frozen Plasma (plasma is a part of your blood that helps you clot.) This next transfusion will be the first for me in a year. That is the longest by far I have ever went in my life without blood. Pretty exciting stuff!.
It all started about a week ago when I got a urinary tract infection. I went to the family doctor, got some antibiotics and went on my merry way.
Sunday night a noticed that well to be frank my pee looked like red wine.
So I spend the entire day today in the hospital it took four tries to get an IV, lots of blood work taken and a CT scan. Only to find thay well we can't find whats wrong with me.
I must say this is rare for me, normally after a few tests we know whats up.
The good news is my vitals are good so I don't think I am in any serious danger.
But I have to admit that when I completed the urine test and saw what was in the container I started to cry. I often bleed internally but when you actually see the blood its a different story. It's scary.
That wasn't the worst part of my day either, while I was in the bathroom I over heard Zane telling his work that he couldn't come to work because he wanted to be at the hospital with me. That really broke my heart. It is bad enough that I have to take time away from my life but when it starts cutting into the time of the people you love it really takes a toll on you!
On the bright side I am lucky enough to have someone that actually wants to sit by me all day and is nice enough to bring me chicken fingers and cinnamon buns!
So with that I will Thank God and head to bed as I have a long day ahead of me!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better Ryanne. It must be so testing. You are the strongest person I know. You and Big Z are lucky to have each other. Wish I was there to eat cinnamon buns with you.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Victoria! wish you were here too!!

    ReplyDelete